The market size of business intelligence and analytics software applications is expected to grow to 18 billion US dollars by 2025, from 15.2 billion in 2020, due to the potential of data as a valuable resource. Having data on-demand on any system allows businesses to capitalize on their data.
Choosing the right data tool usually depends on whether you have a technical team.
Tools vary; some require coding for everything, while others allow pipeline creation using a graphical user interface. Hevo is one of the no-code data pipeline tools out there that's built for those with less technical skills.
But did you know plenty of alternative Hevodata competitors can suit your business purpose or even perform better and deliver more value at an economical cost? In this blog, we look at the top 10 Hevodata alternatives so you can find the best platform for your business.
Is Hevodata right for you?
Before we dive into whether it's good for you, let's start with the basics and go over what Hevodata is, its key features, and its pros/cons.
Hevodata is a cloud-based data integration platform that helps businesses rapidly move data from various sources to the destination of their choice. Its modern architecture can support real-time analytics, machine learning, and business intelligence.
This platform offers multiple data transfer methods, such as ELT, ETL, and reverse ETL, all without coding. It also integrates with various tools and data warehouses.
Hevodata makes ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) a breeze by offering a user-friendly GUI and pre-configured connectors to move data from a source systems to data warehouses.
Where Hevodata falls short
HevoData, while offering useful data integration features, has some downsides. According to user reviews, getting started with the tool can be challenging. Additionally, it lacks push notifications for data pipeline errors, making it difficult to keep track of any issues that may arise. Users have also reported limited scalability options, which may not be suitable for managing large data sets. Another downside is that it doesn't allow users to schedule pipeline jobs for a specific time of day, which can be inconvenient. Some users have also found the transformations confusing. Finally, high CPU usage has been reported, which could be a concern for those with limited computing resources.
Hevodata offers three pricing plans, one of which is free. This plan grants unlimited data sources and models, email support, single sign-on, and a user seat amount of your choice. Up to one million events can be experienced with the free plan.
The business plan's price is negotiable and established in conjunction with the client by the Hevo team.
Top 9 Hevodata Alternatives
- AWS Glue
Stitch Data is an open-source ETL (extract, transform, and load) tool that helps simplify collecting data from multiple systems into a single platform. It extracts data from various sources, compiles it into a centralized dashboard, and eliminates the need for manual reporting. It's a popular solution available on the market, enabling efficient data integration.
- Accurate sales and product reports.
- Easy-to-generate reports.
- Effective for saving time.
- Fast integration.
- Great interface.
- Friendly GUI.
- It takes time to traverse the inventory list.
- Learning can be time-consuming.
- The absence of a designated dashboard sometimes causes customer support delays.
With Standard, you receive one data warehouse and chat support, with prices starting at $100 and going up to $1,250, depending on the data rows you need. Stitch Unlimited offers five data warehouses, platinum customer support, and a monthly fee of over $1,250 per month. Finally, Stitch Unlimited Plus gives you infinite integrations, many rights, and best-in-class customer service.
SprinkleData is a cloud-based data platform that provides a no-code solution for automating ETL (extract, transform, load) processes and building complex analytics pipelines. With SprinkleData, users can integrate and transform data from various sources and analyze it without writing code.
The platform offers a user-friendly interface for configuring data pipelines and provides prebuilt connectors for popular data sources such as databases, cloud storage solutions, and APIs. Users can also create custom data transformations using a drag-and-drop interface and run data analysis using built-in visualization tools.
If you are facing challenges in analyzing data discrepancies and pipeline failures and are struggling with data egress costs due to your scattered pipeline, Sprinkledata might be a better alternative to Hevo data. Sprinkledata provides a semantic layer that includes ingestion, transformation, exploration, and cataloging, running on top of your own infrastructure, enabling data teams to collaborate and work across the entire data lifecycle without writing any code. With Sprinkledata, you can process data within your VPC, ensuring you don't incur data egress costs. Furthermore, you can self-host Sprinkledata, giving you full control over compliance.
Unlike Hevo, which only provides basic transformation capabilities and data ingestion, Sprinkledata supports SQL transforms, Python transforms, and incremental transforms with partition management, enabling you to build production-grade transformation pipelines. With Sprinkledata, you can also explore data using SQL data exploration, which provides a quick way to debug and build reports. Sprinkledata provides notifications via Slack and Email, keeping your team informed of important updates.
Overall, SprinkleData is designed to simplify managing and analyzing data, making it accessible to users without extensive technical expertise.
- No-code data integration: SprinkleData provides prebuilt connectors to various data sources, allowing users to connect easily and integrate data without writing code.
- Drag-and-drop data transformations: Users can easily transform data using a drag-and-drop interface without writing code.
- Automated ETL: SprinkleData automates the ETL process, making it very easy to extract, transform, and load data from various sources.
- A cloud-based platform: SprinkleData is a cloud-based platform, which means that users can access their data and analytics from anywhere, as long as they have an internet connection.
- Data quality and governance: SprinkleData provides tools for data quality control and governance, ensuring that data is accurate, consistent, and secure.
- Collaboration: SprinkleData allows multiple users to work on the same data project, making collaborating and sharing insights easy.
- Built-in data visualization: SprinkleData provides built-in visualization tools, making it easy to create charts, graphs, and other visualizations to explore and analyze data.
- API integration: SprinkleData can be integrated with other applications and services using APIs, making incorporating data and analytics into other workflows and systems easy.
Advantages of using SprinkleData
- Cost-effective: SprinkleData's no-code platform and automated ETL processes can save organizations time and money by reducing the need for expensive IT resources and specialized technical expertise.
- Faster time-to-insight: SprinkleData's user-friendly interface and automated processes can speed up the time it takes to gain insights from data, allowing organizations to make data-driven decisions more quickly.
- Increased productivity: SprinkleData's drag-and-drop interface and automated processes can help users work more efficiently and reduce time spent on manual data tasks.
- Flexibility: SprinkleData's cloud-based platform and API integrations allow users to work with data in the context of their specific business needs and workflows.
- Reduced risk: SprinkleData's data quality and governance features help ensure that data is accurate, consistent, and secure, reducing the risk of errors or compliance issues.
- Scalable and adaptable: SprinkleData can be easily scaled up or down to accommodate changing data needs and business requirements, making it a flexible solution for growing organizations.
Overall, SprinkleData's benefits include cost savings, faster insights, increased productivity, flexibility, reduced risk, and scalability, in addition to its key features of no-code data integration, automated ETL, cloud-based platform, data quality and governance, collaboration, built-in visualization, and API integration.
Con: One minor drawback of using SprinkleData is that the platform may require some initial setup and configuration time, particularly for new users or complex data integration needs. While the platform is designed to be user-friendly and no-code, there may be a learning curve in getting started and configuring the platform to meet specific data needs.
Overall, this minor drawback is unlikely to be a significant barrier to using SprinkleData, particularly for users looking for a user-friendly, no-code platform to automate ETL processes and build complex analytics pipelines.
In terms of pricing, Sprinkledata's starting plan costs $100/month for 5 million rows, while Hevo's equivalent plan costs $239/month for the same number of rows. Sprinkledata also offers an unlimited rows plan, while Hevo's unlimited plan is not available. Furthermore, with Sprinkledata, you can version control transforms in your GitHub repo, enabling you to track changes and collaborate effectively. Overall, Sprinkledata provides a better alternative to Hevo data for organizations facing challenges related to scattered pipelines, data egress costs, and lack of transformation capabilities.
Matillion Data Loader quickly and easily migrates data into a cloud-based data warehouse, such as Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, or Snowflake. The free SaaS-based tool provides instant access, letting you quickly make more informed, timely decisions. Plus - it integrates with many popular data sources at no additional cost.
Pros of Matillion:
- Robust GUI-based data transformation capabilities
- Possibility of deploying the product on-premises
- Built-in data loading capabilities and transformation, making it easier to apply data governance best practices
Cons of Matillion:
- A smaller selection of connectors compared to other leading ETL systems
- User experience is centered around GUI-based morphing features
- May have fewer partnerships for other capability sets due to its broad range of capabilities beyond data replication
Matillion's free plan provides access to pricing via Credits ($2.00/credit). These Credits are used to pay for the number of Virtual Core hours required to run Matillion instances. Annual rates are available.
Airbyte is an open-source data integration solution with 800+ business users. Prebuilt API and UI connectors enable real-time data synchronization and optional raw data normalization. Companies can self-host Airbyte, ensuring no third-party involvement.
Pros of Airbyte:
- Provides an open-source data integration platform, with the option to use Airbyte Cloud or deploy an open-source version
- Offers a CDK as an alternative to creating code from scratch, which can expedite development
- Supports over twenty locations, making it easier to integrate with custom-built platforms
Cons of Airbyte:
- For long-tail integrations built using the Airbyte CDK, teams are responsible for maintenance, support, and resolving any issues that arise
- Some of Airbyte's connectors are still in development or not ready for production
- The price structure of Airbyte is unclear, and estimating usage and reducing expenses as data quantities increase may be challenging due to a credit-based, volume-based consumption approach.
Airbyte offers three pricing plans—including a free version—based on data volume. Enterprises can opt for a custom cost plan with advanced features like priority support and onboarding assistance.
Integrate.io is an E-commerce Data Warehouse Integration Platform with features such as ETL & Reverse ETL, ELT & CDC, API Management, Data Warehouse Monitoring, and Data Observability at an affordable price.
- Simple to use tool with drag-and-drop UI for easy use
- Incredibly customizable for different business needs
- Easy integration with third-party platforms
- Some users may find the tool lacking in ease of use
- Debugging can be challenging when error logs lack specificity
- Interaction between fields or packages can be slow
Integrate.io offers no free plans. However, they have a free trial available. Subscription plans for their no-code data pipeline platform are based on node hours and range from $1,199 to $5,999 monthly.
Talend is a data management application featuring a Java-based workflow user interface and an extensive suite of enterprise data management tools. Talend supports over a thousand non-native connectors, but its open-source, fully-coded architecture may be challenging for customers new to the platform. Talend's per-seat pricing model is well-suited for data teams looking to scale their operations.
- Robust data orchestration capabilities
- Some AI/ML capabilities allow data scientists to model data
- Data governance
- Big data streaming
- The capacity to consider sources as destinations
- Desktop design reliance
- Infrastructure costs
- Complex workflow design and configuration
- Unnatural connectors
Talend Cloud is $12k/user/year or $1170/user/year for unlimited usage. Talend Data Fabric has custom pricing, usually pricier than Talend Cloud.
Informatica Big Data is a powerful software solution that enables businesses to collect and process massive amounts of data in real-time. It is cloud-compatible, and users can access it from any device, location, and time, free from the constraints of traditional on-premise systems.
- Cloud-compatible with accessibility from any device and location
- Effective GUI interfaces for various functions such as session monitoring, job scheduling, ETL design, and administration
- Supports a wide variety of data sources including third-party application data, mainframe and file-based data, XML, and unstructured data
- Offers load stabilization and parallel processing capabilities
- Moving objects between folders in the repository manager is not possible
- Importing XML export files is not supported
- Includes mappings and workflow development, which may make it more complex for some users
Informatica's products can include optional components, with the base edition for Integration Cloud starting at $2,000/month. The cost of additional tiers is unknown. Most Informatica products come with a 30-day free trial.
Precog is a data integration platform offering a no-code solution for users to operate without technical knowledge. It provides access to over 10,000 built-in data sources and supports more than 100 destinations. Precog also offers prebuilt connectors and the ability to build custom connectors using their AI tool within minutes. In addition to the built-in data sources, the Precog team develops new data sources upon request and delivers them within 48 hours. The platform can be deployed both as a SaaS and on-premise solution. Overall, Precog provides a comprehensive data integration solution that is user-friendly and flexible.
- Extensive number of built-in data sources
- Clear and simple pricing model
- AI engine for creating custom connectors without coding
- Offers both SaaS and on-premise deployment options
- Limited user base as a newer platform
- No-code, AI-based approach may limit capabilities for technical teams
- Connector-based pricing can become costly for teams utilizing many sources
Request a demo or trial for pricing (based on data sources used).
AWS Glue is a managed ETL service that makes data preparation and loading for analytics quick and easy. Through the AWS Management Console, users can create and execute ETL jobs. After pointing it to AWS-hosted data, Glue automatically identifies it and saves its metadata (table definition, schema, etc.) to the Glue Data Catalog, allowing users to search and query the data right away.
- Swift, easy, and self-intuitive data preparation and loading service.
- Managed service that takes care of underlying details.
- Pay-as-you-go model with no upfront capacity requirement.
- Requires knowledge of Apache Spark to fully utilize its capabilities.
- Glue crawlers can sometimes mismatch data in files.
- Sample code is limited and not available for all scenarios.
AWS Glue Pricing
AWS Glue charges $0.44 per DPU-Hour for Apache Spark or Spark Streaming jobs, billed per second with a 1-minute minimum (version 2.0 and up) or 10-minute minimum (version 0.9/1.0).
Rivery is a cloud-based service that offers business intelligence tools to manage and automate data pipelines for businesses of all sizes. Its single dashboard provides insights into corporate operations, evaluates performance and generates activity reports featuring key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Easy to learn and use
- Professional and responsive support
- Supports incremental extraction from systems like Salesforce or NetSuite
- Provides a single dashboard with insights into corporate operations and generates activity reports featuring key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Rearranging building blocks for complex scripts can be frustrating using drag and drop
- Lack of different "roles" for users
- Limited customizability in terms of data processing and transformation, which may not suit some businesses' specific needs.
- Lack of support for certain data sources and destinations.
- Limited options for version control and collaboration between team members.
Rivery offers both pay-as-you-go and annual pricing plans. All plans include both pricing options, and the credit-based pricing starts at $0.75 per credit. The cost of database sources is based on the total data sent.
Find the right ELT software for your needs.
When selecting ELT software, consider the complexity of data sources, scalability, usability, security, cost, and features. Carefully evaluate all options to ensure your needs and requirements are met.
Choosing the proper enterprise language technology software can empower organizations to seamlessly combine and transform data from multiple sources, quicken data evaluation, and produce decisions based on evidence that will foster business growth and prosperity.
Hevo is popular, but there are better solutions for many businesses; it has only 150+ data connectors, so support for some data sources may be missing, leaving data unusable without manual intervention. Timeframes and pricing can be restrictive. Consider an alternative with comparable benefits without drawbacks.
Sprinkledata is a no-code data platform that lets you analyze data from multiple sources without coding, stressing about schema changes, or managing pipelines — it's built for businesses of all sizes and people with varying degrees of experience; I'd encourage you to give it a spin.