BigQuery is a NoOps, low cost analytics, REST web service database that enables interactive analysis of large scale data with synchronous data mapping warehouse concept.
Sprinkle data now integrates with BigQuery’s warehouse which analyzes petabytes of data using ANSI SQL at a very fast rate. BigQuery’s streaming insertion API provides a powerful foundation for real-time analytics, not just that, with separated storage and compute, the processing and storage solution can be flexible and business friendly.
Sprinkle’s coherence in data management helps in keeping up with the updating APIs and schemas.
- Create service account in gcp which has full access to bigquery
- Login and select the Credentials from API and Services
- Click on CREATE CREDENTIALS and select Service Account.
- Provide some name and description to the service account and click on CREATE
- From the drop down of service account permissions, select Bigquery Admin role.
- Click on SAVE and CONTINUE.
- From the Grant User Access section, you can provide user role and admin roles (if required any) and then click on DONE.
- Create a JSON key for this service account and further it will get downloaded.
BigQuery Configuration in Sprinkle
Admin -> Drivers
Driver is one amongst the tabs that can be accessed in the admin section. The drivers tab routes the user to Storage, Warehouse and Compute tabs.
On clicking the Create new warehouse, the pop up displays a number of data warehouses. In this case, BigQuery is selected.
This routes the user to a page where the user is required to fill in the unique credentials. On clicking Create, a new data warehouse is created.