This document provides the steps to launch Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) using the Sprinkle Amazon Machine Image (AMI).
- Get the license file by contacting [email protected]
- Create AWS RDS for MySQL DB or use any other MySQL instance you already have, to be used in Sprinkle configuration later.
- Have your SSL certificate ready for launch to use https. Here are steps to create self-signed SSL certificate. You can skip this step while setup. During setup, ignore SSL error and proceed anyway by 'Advanced' -> 'Proceed to … (unsafe)' . You can setup certificates later as well.
- Create or Use an existing Security Group to allow SSH access to the VM Instance
- Create or Use an existing EC2 Key Pair to access the VM Instance.
Launch SprinkleAnalyticsPlatform from the AWS Marketplace by using the security group and EC2 key pair.
SSH to the newly created instance using the SSH key pair used while creating the instance.
ssh -i /path/key-pair.pem [email protected]
Copy this license file at location /home/sprinkle/keyfile.json
Copy the SSL certificate at location /etc/ssl/sprinkle_ssl.crt and key at /etc/ssl/sprinkle_ssl.key
Start the service
Start the sprinkle service using
/etc/init.d/sprinkle start [version]
Here, if version is not specified it will start sprinkle using latest version
Once Sprinkle is running, open the browser and goto port 443 of this instance. You can refer to the Sprinkle Documentation to complete the Sprinkle Setup.
SSH to the VM instance and run
/etc/init.d/sprinkle upgrade [version]
Here, if version is not specified, it will upgrade to the latest version.