This document describes how to ingest data residing in a private network or when it is not possible to provide direct access to the datasource.
Enabling Ingestion via SSH Host
Connection Setting in the Sprinkle
- In the connection tab of the data sources, make Connect via SSH Host as yes then it will display the ssh connection details.
- Provide the SSH Host from which you want to create SSH tunnel (preferable is jump host or any other host from where the datasource is accessible)
- Copy the SSH public key and paste it into the ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file of the SSH user on the ssh host machine
- Provide the SSH Login Username where you added the public key.
Networking rules from your end
- In the connection tab of the data sources, Sprinkle IP(s) to white list will provide the IPs to be whitelisted, whitelist this IP(S) from the SSH host provided the connection setting.
- Make sure SSH port 22 is open.
Once this setting is completed you can try test-connection and if successful, you can ingest data.
Datasources allowing access via SSH
- SQL Server