This document will help you to create a storage bucket on google cloud storage and service account with full access to this bucket, and configure Storage driver in Sprinkle
Steps to create a storage bucket
- Login to the google cloud console and goto the google storage browser
- Click on CREATE BUCKET to open the bucket creation form.
- Give a unique name to the bucket and click on CONTINUE (This name cannot be changed later). Refer to the Google Documentation for the bucket naming guidelines.
- Select the region based on your location (recommended is Multi-Region) and storage class as STANDARD.
- Select the Access Control and optional advanced settings.
- Click on Done to create the bucket.
You can refer to the Google Documentation for any help
Steps to create service account
- Login and select the Credentials from API and Services
- Click on CREATE CREDENTIALS and select Service Account.
- Provide some name and description to the service account and click on CREATE
- From the drop down of service account permissions, select Storage Admin role.
- Click on SAVE and CONTINUE.
- From the Grant User Access section, you can provide user role and admin roles (if required any) and then click on DONE.
- This will create the Service Account with Storage Admin role for the Storage bucket
- Click on the service account, and create a key further. It will get downloaded for you.
Steps to configure Google Storage Driver in Sprinkle
- Select Driver from Admin from the left panel
- Click on Create New Storage and select type GCP from the popup
- The driver configuration page will open to provide the required information.
- Provide the Distinct Name for easy identification of the storage.
- Provide the private key which is generated in the previous section.
- Provide the bucket name, the name which is provided at the time of bucket creation.
- You can whitelist the IP(S) shown in Sprinkle IP(S) to white list, if you want to give access to specific IPs.
- Once all the information is provided, you can click on the Test Connection to test the connection to the bucket. If there is any issue, it will show the error message and you can resolve it. If all is well, it will show a message as Test Connection Succeeded.
- You can click on Create to create this storage driver and then it will appear in the list of storage drivers.