This document will help you to create a container on Azure storage and access key with full access to this container, and configure Storage driver in Sprinkle
Steps to create Storage Account
- Login to the Azure Portal and select All Services.
- Select Storage Account and choose Add.
- Select the subscription in which you want to create the account.
- Select the desired resource group or create a new resource group. You can refer to the Azure Documentation of resource management.
- Provide the storage name, this name should be unique across all the Azure storages. The name also must be between 3 and 24 characters in length, and may include only numbers and lowercase letters.
- Select a location for your storage account, or use the default location.
- Select a performance tier, recommended is Standard.
- Set the Account kind field to Storage V2 (general-purpose v2).
- Specify other settings if anything is required
- Select Review + Create to review your storage account settings and create the account.
- Click on Create, it will create the account
You can refer to the Azure Documentation of Storage account creation for any help.
Steps to Create Storage Container
- Login and go to the new storage account in the Azure portal.
- In the left menu for the storage account, select Containers from the Blob service section.
- Click on the + Container button.
- Provide a name for your new container. The container name must be lowercase, must start with a letter or number, and can include only letters, numbers, and the dash (-) character. Refer to the Azure Documentation for more information.
- Set the level of public access to the container or you can whitelist the Sprinkle IP shown in Driver Setup.
- Select OK to create the container.
You can refer to the Azure quick start guide for Storage containers.
Steps to Select Storage Access Key
- Navigate to your storage account in the Azure portal.
- Under Settings, select Access keys. Your account access keys appear, as well as the complete connection string for each key.
- Locate the Key value under key1, and click the Copy button to copy the account key.
Steps to Configure Azure Storage Driver in Sprinkle
- Select Driver from Admin from the left panel
- Click on Create New Storage and select type Azure Blob Store from the popup
- The driver configuration page will open to provide the required information.
- Provide the Distinct Name for easy identification of the storage.
- Provide the storage account name and the container name which is created in the previous section.
- Provide the access key of the storage account
- You can whitelist the IP(S) shown in Sprinkle IP(S) to white list instead of making container access public.
- After providing all the information, you can click on Test Connection. If there is any issue with the connection, it will show an error message. Do the required changes and click on Test Connection again, if all good it will show a Test Connection Succeeded message.
- Click on Create to update the storage details and create storage.
- This storage will appear in the list of storage drivers.