This document will help you to create a S3 bucket and a IAM user with full access to this bucket, and configure Storage driver in Sprinkle
Steps to create S3 bucket
- Sign in to the AWS Management Console and open the Amazon S3 console
- Click on Create bucket to create a bucket .
- Provide bucket name (this cannot be changed after creating bucket and it must be unique across all the buckets) and region (data center nearer to your location).
- Provide the configuration settings and required permissions to this bucket (recommended is to keep it default).
- Review the setting and click on the Create bucket.
- This will create a new bucket and it will be shown in the bucket list.
You can refer to AWS Documentation for naming conventions or any required help.
There are three ways to provide Sprinkle access to this bucket
Use default full access policy.
Create an IAM user with Programmatic Access and attach S3 access policy.
Select Users from the left side and click on Add user.
Provide User name and check the Programmatic Access from the access type.
Click on Next and click on attach existing policies directly tab from the Set Permissions.
Search for the S3FullAccess policy and click on Next.
Review the user and policy details and click on Create User.
This will create a new user and show the access click and secret key.
Click on Download .csv to store this secret and access key (secret access will not be visible after this).
You can refer to the AWS documentation for IAM user creation.
Create a new policy to provide full access to particular user
In this way, you can create a new policy for granting access to the specific bucket and then create the new user using this policy. You can refer to the AWS Documentation for creating a new policy for S3.
After creating a new policy, follow the same steps for creating a new IAM user as in the previous option and in step 4, select the new policy creating for S3 bucket instead of S3FullAccess.
Provide access to the VM directly
This way is helpful if you have deployed Sprinkle in on-premise setup. You can refer to the AWS Documentation for providing S3 bucket access directly to the VM instance.
Steps to Configure S3 Storage Driver in the Sprinkle
- Select Driver from Admin from the left panel
- Click on Create New Storage and select type AWS S3 from the popup
- The driver configuration page will open to provide the required information.
- Provide the Distinct Name for easy identification of the storage.
- Provide access key and secret key which is generated in the previous section. (Not required if access is provided to the VM directly).
- Provide region which is specified at the time of bucket creation
- Provide the bucket name, the name which is provided at the time of bucket creation.
- You can whitelist the IP(S) shown in Sprinkle IP(S) to white list, if you want to give access to specific IPs.
- After providing all the information, you can click on Test Connection. If there is any issue with the connection, it will show an error message. Do the required changes and click on Test Connection again, if all good it will show a Test Connection Succeeded message.
- Click on Create to update the storage details and create storage.
- This storage will appear in the list of storage drivers.